blogs are inherently self-righteous by design. lots of different kinds of people make these odd little pages for one reason or another to be representitive of us in what we think to be our most flattering light- all at once personal and horribly distant.
I'm aware of this.
but it seems to me that as a student trying to stay afloat atop a sea of disillusionment that can sometimes be art school and a chunk of the world that questions if there really is anything "new under the sun" in the making of art; I am constantly searching for that new middleground between media for personal reflection. after journalling, sketchbook-making, video, tape recording, photographing, tagging, bread crumb trail-leaving and whatever else young artists are doing these days; digital interface is just another option. it can also push those of us who need to get over the packrat tendencies in our art-making out into the open to allow others to approach our work and ideas in the most free manner possible. I guess what I'm saying is, the internet allows strangers to approach and talk even without candy.
I'm starting this with a sort of blind intent that I'm hoping will become clearer to me over time. maybe some days it will simply be the act of ritual, releasing the zen qualities that can come with a repeated motion. maybe some days it will just be for kicks. I'm not really looking for justification of my ideas or conviction of someone else's, or some sort of aesthetic principles I can cling to. right now, I'm just looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment